Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 2 / ?]

No.14784511 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So /tg/, how does one play a Kitsuki Investigator magistrate in Legend of the Five Rings? What's their general philosophy?

I understand that the Dragon is one of the "weirdo" clans, and the Kitsuki family and its school even more so because they're like modern-day crime scene investigators and detectives. Evidence and logical deduction to solve a case are their trademark, but it's seldom taken seriously in Rokugan compared to personal testimony hilariously biased towards those in high positions and those who can draw a sword real quick. They're out of place.

I'm guessing that they feel a sense of elitism over the other magistrate-ish families and schools because their methods are way ahead of their time, but also frustration and alienation due to the sparse acceptance of the evidence-based Kitsuki Method that is their lifeblood?

They're extremely perceptive and logical, and they're okay fighters with their school techniques. Maybe something like a Sherlock Holmes samurai? Not afraid to use their high Water Ring to chase down a perpetrator and grapple him into submission (not as well as a Doji Magistrate or Soshi Magistrate, but at least better off in pinpointing the culrpit) to bring him to justice?

Veering off into weeaboo territory, I wonder how a Kitsuki Investigator would handle the challenge of proving that a certain set of murders on a sequestered island were not carried out using magic...