Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 1 / ?]

No.14787045 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Howdy /tg/, what I propose is stupid. It's insane. I'm DM'ing for a group of close friends who, most of which given our previous two experiences with friends DM'ing, have not gone well (One was seemingly bi-polar between railroading with a DMPC and letting us waste 4 hours real time in a tavern without actually doing anything, the other just made a dungeon crawl.)
None of them are going to want stereotypical stuff to happen and have to do, so I've figured I'l go to the ridiculous, in that, I'l be throwing everything into the game.

I'm looking for the most hammed-up, over-the-top genre breaking stuff possible. Things like Portal's GLaDoS being the evil mastermind behind a gang of a raiding cowboys that terrorizes the local steampunk/old west region they reside in, that the PC's have to tag along on a Dwarven Communist Uprising to get to and overthrow.

Sorry for incoherence, it's quite late here. Criticism on my idea is also good, but adding stuff to it is also good.

Pic mildly related, I want to throw one of these in somewhere as well.

(If you hadn't guessed, this is my first time DM'ing)