Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[42 / 18 / ?]

No.14789327 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You people like Warhammer 40000, right?

Well, can you explain its appeal to me? I happen to know some people who buy every single Warhammer 40000 book and have lots of Warhammer 40000 miniatures, because it's a wargame, but that's where my knowledge ends. Friend of mine conviced me to try reading some of the books, but it was really meh for me as I preffer more let's say more "brainy" science fiction such as anything writen by Lem. The game itself isn't bad, but not really for me as my attention span tends to be terribly short. The art is actualy something I enjoy, I even hunted some John Blanche's art.

What I have problem with is the world. It is so silly it can't be taken seriously. I mean undead robots fighting space orcs fighting space nazi crusaders fighting aliens, what the hell, that isn't even cool, it's just bunch of cultural icons that are generaly considered cool taken together because people thing that would make it supercool, yet it fail for me as every single of them loses it's coolness when taken out of its context put together with other bullcrap. It might be fine if it was parody of stupid scifi/fantasy settings such as Star Wars, yet it takes itself seriously, but on in over the top SRS BSNS way. I just don't see how anyone can enjoy something so retarded