Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

Inside: Rogue Trader

No.14789875 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, I GMed a session yesterday with the group, I am usually a player, but I was doing a guest session.

After some intro play, I had the normal GM, now an information broker in astronomical debt, tell the players about a really good lead on a treasure.

They, like any good players should, went straight for the bait.(I probably would have myself)

When they got to the system in question, I let them cruise towards the target planet for a couple of hours, then a ship emerged close to them. Things got edgy, the players were uncertain of what to to, but maintained an intercept course.

I asked them aloud: "Does anyone want to take any action?", then, after I got no reply, the unknown contact changed course to intercept.

They still did nothing, until the contact launched torpedoes.

A little background: The players had installed an AI, this got out, and now they were facing a frigate under the command of an inquisitor.

Short version: I crippled them, they launched an atomic and obliterated the frigate, after the inquisitor and his stormtroopers had teleported aboard. They raided the AI room, then broke into the munitorium and rigged a bomb.