Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[109 / 77 / ?]

Post Apocalyptic Fantasy World

No.24034402 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I have had this idea for a while, of a world that is rather fresh after some sort of great cataclysm but not in the traditional sense (doom, gloom, and zombies) but rather in a world that is starting fresh and has a very small history. A "young" world so to speak, where all the kingdoms that were have fallen and new ones are desperately trying to arise. Magical items and spells and things would have to be found and created from scratch, as in this world relics of the past are hard to come by. The world would also be littered with dungeons, and the players could roam around in a sandbox while trying to piece together how this cataclysm happened, and finding artifacts of the past.

It would be for a pathfinder game, and I guess the reason I am posting it here would be for good ideas for races/kingdoms/belief systems/ etc for a world of this type. Also, cool fantasy pictures that don't depict crazy epic cities and stuff like that but rather something you'd find in this setting.