Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[12 / 0 / ?]

No.3065252 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
My character for my group's sunday night game (Savage Tide, paizo.com), a Cleric 4/Stormcaster 3 (patron Istisia), was just devoured by an Ooze, leaving my party trapped deep beneath the Isle of Dread. I'm in the process of developing my new character now, however since we are trapped on a barely civilized island and worse still underground, my options for characters are severely limited. Out of the short list, I chose to create an Aranea (MM 15), which is a shape-shifting magical spider.

Unnamed
Hex 1 / ECL 5 / Old Female Aranea / Medium
STR 11 DEX 12 CON 17
INT 20 WIS 15 CHA 21

Darkvision 60', Low light Vision, 3rd level sorcerer (This is a racial trait of the Aranea. It has 6 cantrips and 6 1st level spells), Web 6/day, Poison bite dc13
Hexblade's Curse 1/day DC16.

This character is supposed to be a dark farce of a old voodoo witch doctor. She speaks often in riddles and rhymes, and with a rich Jamacian accent. Archaic words in sylvan and ancient languages punctuate her speaking, and when she does speak she always refers to herself in the plural (We are hungry! or What does it want from us?). She is not altogether sane and I have been doing some light research on symptoms of Schizophrenia to implement into her character, such as Blunted Affect, Alogia, hallucinations and delusions. Because she is a deep dweller she doesn't take a human or hybrid form unless absolutely necessary, but in human form she appears as a withered old woman in rags, adorned with odd bits of bone and plumes of feathers

I was hoping a few experienced D&D players could give some input on this build. I still need to choose feats (I have 3 available) , languages (3 of them after Common, Sylvan and Olman), sorceror spells, and an armor package. I have 6400 gold left to spend.