Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[60 / 0 / ?]

No.3067551 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Introduction to the Xelors

In the beginning there were no clocks, no watches, no cuckoos... not so much as a wooden stick stuck in the mud to tell the time with a simple shadow. Until one day, the god Xelor took up his Hammhour which shone with the light of timeless infinity. His great hammer fell upon the earth, and made a funny little noise - 'TICK'. Xelor struck once more, and behold, a ringing 'TOCK' resounded and Xelor saw that it was good. Placing the noises in his great satchel for safekeeping, he took some gears and, adding two or three Timemites, the god created the Divine Clock.
Xelor's disciples are created in the image of their god and like their master, their favourite tactic involves messing about with ticks and tocks. For them, a clock hand packs more punch than the five-fingered kind and time is a lethal weapon - just watch them control the initiative and movement of their enemies.
As patient students of technique, they are often to be seen passing the time with Otomai's Disciples.

It's time you knew a little more about me. And if you don't have the time, don't worry about it... I'll make you some real cheap! They say time heals old wounds, you know. Well, tell that to the Sram rat I caught stealing my three blind mice. I promise you buddy, he bit the Temporal Dust for sure...

-Toro Thar, wise watchmaker