Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[6 / 0 / ?]

No.3068700 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Mercenary campaigns /tg/, have you done them?

I'm thinking of making my PCs members of a mercenary group for my next campaign. I'm still not sure if I'm going to make one of the PCs the leader of the mercenaries: unless the command is split between them, the commander will be an NPC. There'll be four or five PCs (starting level 5) in command of a mercenary unit of approximately 100 above-average (level 3) soldiers. The soldiers are all from different backgrounds and are all veterans, etc.

The campaign will take place on a continent where a large kingdom, exhausted after winning a war with another kingdom at great cost, recently fell and has splintered into small territories ruled by warlords and former noblemen under the old system.

pic related, it's the mango that inspired this idea.