Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[34 / 0 / ?]

Houserules your club uses for Dark Heresy

No.3071285 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
My group has been playing DH for a bit now, and half of them bitch about getting killed by enemies who shoot at them, while the other half bitch about getting killed by enemies in melee. They played DnD before I joined, so I am guessing a lot of their complaints are due to their difficulty adjusting to a new game.

Our DM is using the stopgap fix of giving everyone dodge at character creation for free, and subtracting 2 from all damage dealt by the enemy. The idiots bitch less about dying, but more about the game being boring.

Whats worse is that a couple of the hardcore DnD players that threatened to leave the group before the switch to DH (or so I have been told) are asking for some form of multiclassing in DH.

Do I shoot and them and stab them, or stab them and shoot them?