Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[107 / 0 / ?]

the Tarrasque

No.3072418 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Has anyone hear ever been part of a group that fought the Tarrasque and lived to tell about it?

Over the Christmas break, a few friends of mine and I are getting together to play DnD like we used to before we all split off and went to university. One of the ideas I want to do is a straight-shot fight against a Tarrasque.

As the DM, I'll be starting them off at level 20, with a tonne of gold given to them beforehand to buy equipment, items, etc. We'll be playing by 3.5 rules, BTW, as we're all very familiar with that version and prefer it to 4.0.

Also, as the DM, this is where you guys come in. I need as much info, whether from sourcebooks as antecdotes, on how I should handle this as a DM. I haven't played in at least two years, but I was DM the vast majourity of the time when I was playing.

I also haven't been to /tg/ in a while, so sorry if I sound like a newfag. Thanks for everything!