Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 0 / ?]

Exalted Piercing Tag

No.3077335 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Does anyone else that Piercing in Exalted is too powerful?

Because I think I do, it makes Artifacts like the Great Daiklaive much too powerful!

So I fixed this problem before I even saw it in my campaign. Grand Daiclaives don't do piercing. I just didn't like it on such a powerful weapon as it is, so I took it off.

As for why would you ever get a Daiclaive? Well, my players know the answer to that. What makes you think I'd even ALLOW you to start with a Grand Daiclaive?

Doesn't the book say that they're more rare? Yeah, so what if the Artifact rating is one higher, I still want one hell of a reasoning for why you have it. It's a pain in the ass to come up with a story for a Grand Daiclaive. I don't do "it's a family heirloom" or "I found it off a guy I killed" or "I braved some dungeon a long time ago".

I like being stingy with stuff. It makes my players feel more accomplished when they get special items like that.

For example. One of my characters has a Short Daiclaive. I won't explain why, but he attempted to steal two Short Daiclaives to get them. In the end, he only came out with one. He had put his life on the line to win something priceless.