Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[14 / 0 / ?]

No.3078328 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So my next campaign is going to be set around the fall of Greece in Gaul. I'm planning on using 4e.

A basic breakdown

All the races are going to be some variation of human. So a character with elf stats isn't going to have pointed ears. However, there is going to be a large amount of magic in the world, so things like teleportation isn't going to be unreasonable. Here's my plan.

Britain and ireland respectively: Elves and eladrin. I'm thinking that the
"Barbarians" (Germany, Gaul etc): Half-Elves and Dwarves,
Greeks: Tieflings My logic here is that the high mental ability scores explain the scholars and politicians, while the ability to deal more damage in melee combat explains the Macedonians and the Spartans.

More exotic races like Persians and so on can be more monsterous races.

Humans can be from anywhere.

Now what I'm stuck on is halflings and Dragonborn. I'm tempted to just not include them in general, but if a player wants to play as one and can come up with an interesting background I'll let him.