Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[16 / 0 / ?]

Retreat or Stand Your Ground?

No.3078505 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So my group was more or less wiped out last session. Three died, the two remaining very vulnerable and squishy casters ran for dear life. To make matter worse, that was the second time that session, in what was supposed to be the wrap up to our campaign until everyone's schedules could realign.

It dawned on me that my group never retreats. In fact, we never really relent. We've been in a number of hard win battles, standing shoulder to shoulder, a half-second from collapsing, against giants wielding explosive barrels, and yet we survived.

I'm beginning to think we took that for granted, but at the same time, I love playing that character who never lets go.

How often does your group find itself in over it's head in a fight, and how do you respond? Stand and fight or retreat?