Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 0 / ?]

Maidhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Updated Rules and Overview

No.3085220 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A long time ago, I was able to successfully merge the rules for WFRP and MaidRPG together. After playtesting this hybrid a few times, I am pleased to confirm that the amalgam is extremely entertaining and that both systems are able to compliment and accentuate the other. My revised guidelines follow, although I will be using the same scenario as it still suits my purposes as example.

Setting: The Master is Master Auric Engelhart, the son of a lord from Averland (in the Empire's south). Auric's grandfather served the previous Emperor well in the war against the Greenskins many years ago, and unlike his father he is not content to rest on the achievements of his bloodline. A talented swordsman, he travels the Empire and beyond, slaying beasts and charting unexplored regions so that he may prove himself worthy of his birthright.
Accompanying him are a small number of Handmaidens. Apart from the basic tasks a Maid is expected to perform (such as cooking, cleaning and the like) the Maids erect and disband camp every morning and evening, help Master Auric strap on his armour and even assist him in battle, accompanying him into dark Goblin forests, evil barrows; wherever the Master chooses to fight they follow.