Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[48 / 6 / ?]

eBay again

No.2315354 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I'm sure you've heard this story before. Sold an item for $50 (one of those Cyan Spartans that were free a few months ago. Someone told me they went for ludicrous sums and I did not believe them. Turns out they were right.) Anyway, I get this familiar-looking e-mail the day after it arrives.

>what's up with this cyan Spartan?! I just got it and the legs are broken at knee joints!! I want my money back, this is bullshit!! mid section wont go together, I will leave horrible feedback and contact eBay!! I can't believe you even shipped this out!!

I reply simply that if he takes a picture of the damage and then sends it back, I'll refund him the full amount. I receive this.

>not a problem, there was no wrapping, the 3 inch piece of bubble wrap you threw in with it was useless, arms and legs are extremely loose, this was not a perfect product before shipment!!! and the package was undamaged the white plastic mail slip was perfect!! where do I send a pic? and you will process the refund the moment it's shipped or I will just contact ebay and deal with them!! especially when I paid 50 for a 3 dollar toy!!

I'd like to point out that it was a "Or Best Offer" listing that started at $60, which was half the price of the current $120 one. So he's whining that he picked that as his starting price.

So I shoot him one of my throwaway e-mails that I check... and nothing. This is always where this ends. They ask for an e-mail address and chicken out. Why? If they're going to chicken out over photos (because it's very obviously NOT broken, thing was fine when I sent it and it was wrapped in enough bubble wrap to stop a safe from dropping on it), why even reply to ask for an e-mail address?