Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

WORST TIMING EVER.

No.2317559 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>EXACTLY one month ago, cancel a bunch of things from eBay because of car accident
>Forget one seller and end up winning the auction: Optimal Optimus (includes box and everything except three missiles, no biggie)
>Because I was only bidder and missed him when I was sending out mass messages asking for cancellations, I decide to pay for it anyway.
>Message him explaining situation, ask for one month payment period
>He says okay, but tells me he will open unpaid item alert for good measure
>I am okay with this
>Tonjight after work I put in the first amount of disposable income I've had since accident
>Message him saying I will pay tomorrow morning (processing) and thank him for being patient
>Apparently I got an unpaid item CLOSURE THIS SAME NIGHT BEFORE SENDING THAT MESSAGE
>Now have unpaid item recorded on account. No matter what the appeal process or what the seller says, I can never complete transaction

I'm an idiot and just should've originally begged the guy to cancel way back when. Fuck. I was actually beginning to get excited about that Optimus rather than just feeling it's an obligation.