Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[109 / 0 / ?]

Measure of success

No.324895 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /toy/, bit of an odd question here, maybe.

Is there any sort of reference for how popular or how well financially toy lines do/did?

The reasons I'm curious are two-fold. If you raelly start getting into a toyline it's good sometimes to know that it's doing well so you know it'll continue and you can look forward to new releases. Additionally it could be useful as a gauge to see how popular certain toylines were in comparison to others, like say, Might Max versus Beast Wars.

I guess I'm pretty curious as to knowing what the death knell of a toyline is, so I can recognize it in the future. Particularly when they're tied into TV shows since the longevity of the line depends on the show in some cases.