Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[16 / 0 / ?]

No.341188 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey gang. I've been on a toy customization kick lately. I started out with my black suit Spidey that some of you may recall from within the last couple weeks (Replaced Spidey's non-swivel feet with Banshee's and painted them) results are pic related.

However, I don't think I'm satisfied. When I look at this Spider-Man figure, I am reminded of the ninjas from Mortal Kombat, particularly the MK3/UMK3/Trilogy style ninjas (Very slim and athletic.)

They don't make good MK figures, so I'm strongly thinking about making one out of this guy (Or the spare that I bought.) At first, I wanted Sub-Zero (My favorite) but it might be much easier to do Noob Saibot for obvious reasons (Also a favorite of mine.)

Anyone have any experience with sewing for action figures? I was strongly considering using cloth instead of sculpting for the costume, and just doing a "mask" for the eyes. Opinions?

Also, I've been thinking for a while about how to make super poseable hands. I recall a tutorial on how to make Symbiote tendrils for Carnage/Venom by using some wire dipped in some grip-making rubber gel. Could this method be used for hands, you think?

Toy customization thread GO!