Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[7 / 1 / ?]

No.458219 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
hello /trv/
I am a 19 year old male from the USA. This June, me and my best friend will be going on a 10 day trip to Japan. We will be primarily in Tokyo, and have 2 nights booked in Osaka (hostels). We have never traveled alone, or been out of the country so we are very very excited! Anyway, the point of this post is to see if anyone has ever been to Tokyo/Osaka and could tell us what some cool things to see and do are. Some things we want to do are see Akihabara and the arcades there, try our all sorts of japanese cuisine and drink, see how the night life in Tokyo is, see Harajuku, visit a geisha tea house, visit some kinds of shrines or temples, visit the "pokemon center"... we've got a lot of random stuff. Can anyone recommend some awesome things to do that aren't really "touristy"? I'd like to try to talk to some Japanese youth around my age while I am there to, I think it will be interesting.