Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 1 / ?]

Australia

No.460634 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey there Australians, Amerifag here with a couple questions regarding Australian citizenship and your tax system. Here's a bit of information background in case it might help:

20 year old Amerifag looking to get out of here asap. Money isn't an issue, as the family and I are well connected with investors and real-estate. Reason I'm looking into australia is that the american economy is still in the shitter and getting worse (unemployment still up high), regardless of what the media's saying. Also, a little over half of us citizens at the moment are exempt from having to pay taxes, which leaves the tax hikes to the people who do work very hard for their incomes. Increased tax rate depending on your annual income, it's ludicrous that half of us half to pull the deadweight of the other 50%. With that said I'd like to get out before the weakening dollar is a fully sunken ship in comparison to the currency worth of other countries.

So here's the questions:

>1.) How difficult would it be to gain Australian citizenship, considering money is not an issue and already have a prospering career lined up and going good but no college degree?

>2.) What is the tax system structure in Australia and do you get taxed more depending on your income?

>3.) I've read that it takes roughly 4 years to become a full citizen. What first steps would I need to take to legally live there for 4 years to get that citizenship?

If there's anything that you would like to add that I should probably know then go for it. Thanks in advance, aussie bros.