Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 1 / ?]

No.461832 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Has anyone on /trv/ ever spent a significant amount of time "roaming" the country? (I'm referring to the US, but I guess it could apply to any country) I can't really explain it, but I'm just bored with sitting at home and I have an urge to travel around; seeing all the different states and taking in the culture; spending the night in a new town every night.. It's become kind of a dream for me. How would one go about doing this?

I guess the main question is, where would you get money for gas and food? I did think about being a truck driver, but that wouldn't really be what I'm looking for due to a few things (not much time to stop and enjoy the area; no choice of where you're going, etc.)

Anyone ever done anything like this? I'm getting sick of this "normal" life...

(pic semi-related; the world that I want to see all of eventually)