Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[22 / 1 / ?]

No.461865 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The lease is up at the end of May. Everyone is leaving. I was fired from my job two weeks ago. I have about eighteen bucks to my name.

I might be on the street in a month if I can't find work fast enough to put together a deposit for a new room.

I haven't been the kind of person I needed to be to the people who were important to me, so I can't really count on any support from friends or family.

The thought of traveling for a while has been a recurring thought that resurfaces from time to time. I figure it'll never go away until I try it. I really want to head south and see Central and Latin America (Amerifag here). In this case I guess it wouldn't be traveling so much as bumming around I guess.

I'm 25, male, reasonably intelligent, but have no advanced degree. I'm cleancut. I don't do drugs.

I'm pretty scared.

What's it like being homeless in North America, /trv/? Any advice/tips/tricks from people who have been there?