Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[13 / 1 / ?]

No.462088 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /trv/. I'm going to take a short trip to Los Angeles for four days next week in order to get some paperwork (transcript, passport, etc) authenticated for a student visa for studying abroad. Thing is, I don't think I need to be at LA for so long, and the extra days are mostly a buffer for that 'just in case' scenario.

So basically, I'll be in LA for a while. Are there any things or places that may be worth checking out? Any interesting events next week? I know E3 isn't for another month, but I'm not going to wait that long so my travel plans can conveniently overlap with it, since it pushes back my university application process.

I'm not looking for the more money-dumping itenaries like a visit to Hollywood or a Dodgers game. I did see some mention of a book festival at USC which ends on May 1, so I'll certainly take part in that while it lasts, though I'll probably get there just in time for the tail end of the event, sadly enough. Anything else? Would it be a good idea to check out the nightlife even though I don't drink?