Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 1 / ?]

No.462450 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What's up, /trv/.
I want to organize a hike tour with my friends, I assume we are about 10 people. Unfortunately, I do not really know how to organize the tour. I have a check list of what things we are supposed to pack, so that's fine, but I'm looking for help on how to plan the tour.

As we live in germany, the tour is to be situated in the alps. So this is a suggestion I got. (I'm not sure how to best post this, so I'll just give you the height profile picture).

I am a little bit lost from here on. How do I judge whether this is a good tour? We're all beginners, though most of us have already taken one or two such tours, with a guide, however.

How do we orient ourselves in the mountains? GPS? Are there signs that tell where to go?

And lastly, if I know what tour to pick, I assume I just call the owners of the hostels and ask them for prices or something?

I might seem a bit unorganized, but that's why I am here for; I am looking for hints how to best organize this. In particular, I need to know how to find out whether a tour is good or not. Once I have decided on one, the rest will work out I think.

Thanks in advance.