Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[19 / 0 / ?]

No.66362 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I got an idea for a travel business. Instead of going to a civilized country where you're in no danger and you just bum around like a tourist, you could go to an extreme country with "low government control" like Somalia, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Iraq, or Afghanistan. It would be implied that you're encouraged to do stuff that's illegal in America, but it wouldn't actually say it in the pamphlets.

When you get off the plane you would be handed an electronic translator that can translate between English and the majority language of the area you're in. I figure voice recognition software, google translator, and windows narrator could be put in one little box with a speaker and mic and work decent. You would also be handed some gold pieces, the local currency, a satellite phone, a knife, a first aid kit, and body armor. They would just let you loose for a week and hope you come back to the landing strip.

You would have to sign a contract that says everything is confidential, I can't speak about what I did, nobody is liable if I'm hurt during the week, and if I don't come back at the end it's assumed I decided to stay without telling anyone.

What do you guys think? would you do something like this? I know I would. It's like the army without regulations or missions or long term contracts. What's not to like?