Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[155 / 12 / ?]

Terrible Travel Experiences General

No.675024 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Any and all welcome, from getting there, to police trouble, to ending up with a shemale prostitute, share your pains.

>Decide to fly Spirit airlines
>It's every joke that every comedian has ever told about air travel, but worse
>End up pulling my hamstring after standing up from sitting in such a tight space for so long
>It was only a connection flight

>In London for the third time
>Out drinking with some friends
>Some guys are getting into an argument in the street
>A guy outside knows my friend, comes in and grabs him, tells him there's a fight going on
>Decide to go see what's going on, of course get dragged in
>Full on fight taking place
>Police fly in, kicking the shit out of all of us
>Spend a day in the clink, instead of being on vacation
>Leaving the station
>Cop calls me an American vagrant
>mfw

and finally
>In Indonesia for work, taking tourists SCUBA diving and stuff
>A guy and his 15 year old son want to go somewhere kind of obscure, somewhere no one really knows about
>Boss decides it's cool, we go off the beaten path and spend the morning diving, having a good time
>Take the boat to a beach for lunch
>Another boat pulls up as we're eating
>Four guys with guns jump out, start shouting at us
>Everyone is freaking out except my boss
>Boss grabs one of the guys, get ready to die on a beach in the middle of nowhere
>Boss is hugging one of them, they're cousins
>Boss tells the dad and the son that they're in the army, out for a good time
>After they leave he tells me they were pirates, and if that one guy wasn't his cousin we'd be dead or ransomed and tortured.
>Boss decides to get some guns and we always had 4 extra guys come with us anytime we went somewhere kind of obscure from then on

Easily the most scared I've ever been. Besides that, Indonesia was really excellent.