Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 0 / ?]

No.69216 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I posted this in /jp/ but since you guys know about places, I figured I should try here as well.

so I'm doing the ever popular teach abroad in japan thing, and I just got my placement: a town called Ishiya in Nagasaki prefecture. Problem is, I am not entirely convinced that this town actually exists. after pretty exhaustive internet searches and pouring over maps of nagasaki prefecture, I haven't been able to even locate the town, let alone any information about it. My liason is unable to provide any other information besides the name, but she spelled it out, and I know that Ishiya is the exact name she was given. In fact, the only substantial information I can find on an Ishiya, Japan is a chocolate factory in Sapporo. There is a town in Nagasaki prefecture called Isahaya, and I suppose it's possible that somewhere along the line the name of the town got mixed up, but my liason was pretty confident that it was called Ishiya. Has anyone heard of this town, or have any advice for someone (presumably) moving to Nagasaki prefecture in the near future?