Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[7 / 0 / ?]

El Grande Eurotrippe

No.69328 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/trv/ soon I will be living the dream. Me and a mate are travelling britain/ireland from 4th dec to 4th jan, and then on 5th jan we land in amsterdam with our eurail passes, with a flight back home from paris on the 16th of feb. We are both 19, from australia, for me its my first time o/s, and we are looking mostly at backpacker/scummy accomodation, given how the dollar is fucked. Epic is a good word to describe it.

But apart from buying the tickets, I have done 0 preparation, and would like some of your insight. What would your ideal itinerary be for the two parts of our trip? What the fuck do people wear in a northern hemisphere winter? What are the must-sees? What should I bring that I otherwise would forget? Any good blogs/sites about eurotripping? How can you best find cheap accomodation when blowing into a new city?