Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!ozOtJW9BFA
[10 / 0 / ?]

!ozOtJW9BFA No.69897 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I'm living in Beijing, China for a year. There was a pretty epic thread a while ago for people to ask questions and people living in China to post some funny stories. I'm starting it again.
As some of you may know China has a one child policy. This is creating all sorts of new social and behavioral patterns that the government and people are just now starting to notice and understand.
As I was talking to this Chinese guy I noticed yet another lady with a pampered little chihuahua with a really nice collar. I'd seen a ton of these middle aged ladies walking around and I'd always wondered what's up. I asked him about it so he explained to me that as the kids grow up and go to university or get their own family the parents are left with a really hardcore "empty nest" syndrome. This leads them to get dogs and treat them as almost a new son or daughter. Some dogs are extremely pampered with some receiving pedicures and and "fashion makeovers." Wikipedia "little emperor" for an interesting bit about the one-child policy.