Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!PkLIB6S..g!!pNu
[53 / 0 / ?]

New York

!PkLIB6S..g!!pNu No.71804 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup /trv/. Ausfag here.

My girlfriend, who travels, has some sort of New York fixation. She's been there, and loves that it's "alive", "busy", “energetic" and "charming". Also, Broadway.

She also said "it’s clean, and people are nice", when I suggested London and Beijing.
I don't know, in my head, New York is full of department store Santas, thugs, flashy billboards, smog, angry people and prostitutes. And things normal cities have.

It's Home Alone 3 + Ghostbusters + Seinfeld to me.

I haven't been there, so I have to ask.

Frankly, it's neither an interesting place to go like Thailand, Egypt or Japan, nor somewhere I'd like to live like Ireland, California, Germany or Finland.

There's no denying she's in love with it, and I'm cool with that. But I want to know why.
We look at the same pictures and see different things - to me something is both hectic and bleak, and she thinks its some sort of urban paradise.