Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[53 / 0 / ?]

No.78800 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay /trv/, pretty soon I'm going to be qualified as both a teacher of English as a Second Language but also a UK state primary school teacher. The thing is, I've always had itchy feet and quite frankly can't wait to go somewhere else to live and work.

Where should I go? Ideally, I'd like a country something like what I've described in the list below. I know I probably can't find one exactly like that, but anything close or any reccomendations would be helpful.

* A generally low level of bureaucracy, state interference and "nannying"
* A high level of social acceptance (absence of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.)
* Either no state religion, or very low importance of religion in society
* ACTUAL SEASONS (hot in winter, cold in summer) but with no "holy shit I'm dying" extremes
* Relatively uncomplicated to gain citizenship if I want to stay
* Low level of state/police corruption
* Relatively low cost of housing/living

I don't mind if it's some country nobody has heard of, or if nobody speaks English there. The former might even be better, I'd like to live somewhere that isn't affiliated with any of the major power blocs. The latter is something I'll worry about once I've decided whether the place is right for me.

I also have a few very specific questions that only someone with my qualifications/nationality could really answer, so please let me know if you're someone like that and I'll ask them.