Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 0 / ?]

/trv/ - Japan

No.81736 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I see many people complain about the number of posts about Japanese living and all that. However, /jp/ told me to post here due to people with more experience.

I'm 22, and am currently completing my written application for the JET program as an Assistant Language Teacher (English). As part of the application you can make a request for specific placements (although I know many rarely get the placement choice especially if it's an urban choice).

Himeji is the sister city of my own, however it, and Hyogo Prefecture, is not listed as a choice.

So I'm asking of the choices on this list, where would be a good place to live for a minimum of a year...

tl;dr JET applicant wants to know where to live for 1 year in Japan.