Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 2 / ?]

No.15826221 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>"I don't know. I'm doing it myself, so how can I judge? But it basically means: Is there a better way to express this idea, or what is the resonance of this idea, or what is the space of this idea? That's why my photography exhibition [which was displayed in a Seattle art gallery in June 2004] is called "In the Space of a Kiss." I think that's what we're saying. So what is the space of this event or this emotion or this idea? There's nobody else in the world who dares to work this way. And it's looking for the film, and I think that's an important idea that, when we go back to what we were talking about, the West and the East, it is a philosophical point of view. In the East, you talk about Confucianism, and Confucius says, you have the greater body - whatever it's called, heaven or whatever - then you have us, then you have the state, then you have city, then you have the family, and then everything is... it's a cycle."

>"Whereas in the West, you have Act 1, Act 2, and Act 3. What fucking bullshit! It's fucking Shakespeare, it's 500 years old. "So you have the black cop and you have Jackie Chan, and they hate each others' guts at the beginning but then something happens and they get to like each other and then there's a happy ending." That's fucking Western filmmaking. You're imposing an idea. "So, what we have to do is take away this wall." Why? I like the wall. Keep the fucking wall! That is the difference, that you have this idea that you can structure films, and that's bullshit. Like we said, it has to come out of us. That's why the East is so... I've made ten films that have been bought for remake. [laughs] "What the fuck are you doing?" You're admitting you have nothing to say. It doesn't matter how you say it, it doesn't matter how digital you get, it doesn't matter how many special effects you get, it doesn't matter how big DreamWorks gets. It's fucking bullshit. It's just a clone."