Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 2 / ?]

No.15838680 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Just watched Game of Thrones, Bin Laden news kept me from watching last night.

Great episode. The Stark family are EXCELLENT, especially Arya and Ned. Syrio might just be the best casting yet. Tyrion continues to excell. Can't wait for the next couple of episodes when he gets to the meat of his story. King Robert was scary for a minute, but it was a good scene I suppose. They need to set up his drunkenness.

I loved the small council, especially Littlefinger. Built a great relationship with the Starks in this episode, even more so than the books made it seem. Going to be great later in the season. Pycelle was also good.

I didn't like the scene with Joffrey and Cersie. Cersie in the books would never use language like "fuck" with Joffrey, and wouldn't talk sex. The writers are trying to set up Joffrey as the main villain it seems.

The Night's Watch looks good. I wish Jon finding out about Bran was handled more like the book. Would have been great to see Jon pick up Tyrion and spin him around. Jon is a bit weird, hope he pans out when he becomes more comfortable around his brothers.

Now, the big issue. (Third book spoilers)

Are they setting up the Jorah betrayal plot too early? It's obvious he was gong to send a letter to Varys, and it will become even more obvious in the next episode or two when the council learns that Dany is pregnant.