Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!ZwcN8cSoaeB
[325 / 31 / ?]

Elder Scrolls Lore

!!ZwcN8cSoaeB No.103756888 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ever wanted to know your Elder Scrolls lore? Want to know what sort of situation we're diving into in Skyrim, some two centuries after the Oblivion Crisis? Want to know where the hell the Staff of Chaos is if it's not in White Gold Tower (me too) or where the hell the Pillar of Light is in Elder Scrolls IV since it's, apparently, in Cyrodiil (again, me too)? Let's have ourselves a general Lore thread.

Ask your questions and I- and hopefully others- will try and help out as best I can. I'm not great regarding the various wars yet and the metaphysics of Nirn, etc still elude me a bit (damn you Michael Kirkbride and your zenish philosophical mumbo-jumbo lol) but I'll make the attempt or try to redirect you to a better source than myself.

This thread at the Bethesda forums should probably help a lot of you too:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/