Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!XZ3EWiyOZhe
[207 / 46 / ?]

Future of Metroid

!!XZ3EWiyOZhe No.105317353 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Metroid fans of /v/, I offer you a choice

Option 1:
>The TRUE canonical successor to Super Metroid, Metroid 3DS. Using 3D rendered graphics and 2D side scrolling gameplay, it offers new upgrades, new locations to explore, more abilities for Samus, and a game length twice the length of Super Metroid. Not to mention new and more difficult puzzles/enemies. Of course will also include 3D graphics using the 3DS screen and easier weapon switching/map viewing than Super Metroid.

Option 2:
>The canonical sequel to Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime 4 (very creative, I know). Uses the Wii U's controller to offer aiming system similar to the Wiimote, but with more information being displayed using the Wii U controller's screen to "see-through" Samus' visor.
>Optionally, you can exchange the Wii U controller for a 3DS using Wii U connectivity (at the cost of the higher resolution of the Wii U's controller screen). In exchange, the information you see through Samus' visor "pops out" at you and also alows you to use touch controls for easier map viewing, weapon switching, etc.

Which would you rather, /v/?

personally, I would rather get Metroid 3DS just because I've been itching for a new side-scrolling Metroid