Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!PsWaArQzRE
[159 / 33 / ?]

!PsWaArQzRE No.115128794 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, /v/, as you know today Nintendo had a conference in which they are showing off the newest build of the newest Mario game, Super Mario "World" and I had a chance to play it. Here's a list of some notable changes from Mario 3:

-First thing I noticed, the P Bar was GONE. There is no more indication of how much momentum you have built. Mario will still eventually hold his arms out but it is much harder to gauge. This is especially annoying when you try to fly but I'll get to that in a bit.

-Mario can now hold an extra powerup at the top of the screen. It drops down automatically when you become small Mario or you can drop it manually. Makes it almost impossible to lose in the levels I played.

-Raccoon Mario is gone, you can now only fly with the "cape" which is like raccoon but can't break blocks. The flying is nigh uncontrollable and forces you forward, it has been gimped so much from Raccoon Mario it feels useless.

-Speaking of powerups. You have heard the rumors that all the Suits are out of the game, this is absolutely true. You only get Fire Flower, the "cape" which is gimped raccoon mario, and now Mario can ride a small dinosaur which gives an extra hit but seems somewhat useless beyond that.

-Also with this lack of items there is no more enemies or toad houses on the map screen.

Needless to say I was very disappointed with the whole thing. Nintendo clearly no longer understands what makes a good Mario game and is just trying to let this one coast by on graphics. I for one won't be wasting my money on the rehash "Super" Nintendo when it comes out.