Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!vM1frrjNmkg
[232 / 44 / ?]

!!vM1frrjNmkg No.119137521 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I decided I'd go back to my childhood home today, it was about a 300 mile drive from my current home but I wanted to visit the places I remember growing up. My old school, relatives, maybe a few neighborhood kids I used to play with.

Most everything had changed, my old school was gone replaced with a mini mall. My aunts and uncles were mostly the same as I remember them, just a little greyer of hair. Almost all my old friends had moved away, well except one.

He was my best friend growing up, we would play video games together all day and either I was at his house or he was at mine. Really we were like brothers, since we only lived down the street from one another it wasn't hard for us to spend time together.

Back then he was only a little weaker than the other kids our age, but I remember by the time I moved away he couldn't walk for long without falling down and spent most of his time in a wheel chair. He has a genetic disease that makes his muscles weaker and weaker as he ages.

I was surprised to see he still lived in the same house. There he was happy as ever, but he couldn't move his body at all, the most he could do was move his hand enough to slowly move a mouse across a screen, from the looks of it this too was a fading ability he would soon have to live without. He had a PS3 and a 360 hooked up to his TV but they were both covered in dust, he told me " he can't play those anymore" and it was just a few years ago when he could.

So he plays flash games and watching trailers for games he'll never get to play. He asked me If I played the new Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls and Batman then he showed me the lets players he watches on youtube and told me it's almost as good as playing them himself. I nearly lost it, I got tears in my eyes and said "yeah".

/v/ do you know any good games he could play with just a mouse, I feel like I need to do something, give him something because the world has denied him everything.