Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[179 / 78 / ?]

A postit note mystery

No.120676078 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok /v/, I need some help with something. I was going through my basement the other day and discovered a box containing all kinds of stuff that I used to have on my desk at my old house. Nothing much of note, souvenirs from vacations, pen holders, a rubicks cube, etc. The only thing that excited me was a small wooden treasure chest I remember making from a summer camp or something. Inside I found a few coins from different countries that I had somehow managed to get my hands on and my original ticket stubs for The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. The most interesting thing, however, was not inside the box, but stuck to the underside of it. A single yellow postit note with three lines of text clearly written in my younger self's handwriting. In case it isn't clear from the picture I posted, it reads:

wormhole
Y -2886

I have no memory of writing this note, or what it is referring to, but by the contents of the box, I'd say it was written sometime between 1999 and 2003. Assuming I'm right about the time period this was from, I would have been 12-15 when I wrote it. I am assuming the coordinates relate to a video game, and it doesn't surprise me. Even today, I keep a rather large hand drawn map of my Spore galaxy with all my planets, Earth, discovered wormholes and their endpoints mapped out for easy travel.

Given the clues from the note and the time period in which it was written, this was most likely either a PS1 or Dreamcast game, as those were the only modern consoles I owned at the time. From the cartesian coordinates and the reference to a wormhole, it also seems to be a 2D game based in space.

Now the question remains: what game was it, and why was this wormhole so important that I bothered to save that scrap of paper for so long?