Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!wf5JJ352J.
[197 / 29 / ?]

I live permanently in a virtual world from 1994.

!wf5JJ352J. No.121933709 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello. Earlier there was a thread about worlds.com. It was deleted. I am one of the few veterans who still plays. I have been a regular player since 1996. As, at the time, virtual reality was somewhat of a craze I purchased a pair of svga iglasses and played in vr preferentially. Due to a combination of aspergers and paranoid schizophrenia I gradually reordered my life around the game. I now live alone in a one room house in a poor neighborhood as my only concern was power and Internet access. In 2005 I upgraded to the HMD pictured. I am very happy with it, although some like me are still using the ancient Forte VFX3D with no complaints. My windows are covered, I have no bulbs, and live in relative darkness save for nightlights near the bathroom and fridge. I order pizza only after dark. I own only a robe, for when I must answer the door, and support my expenses by a combination of adsense, mechanical Turk and various other crowdsourced programs. Worlds.com is more real to me now, although Second Life also intrigues me and I may try it out. First priority in the near term is to repair or replace my P5 dataglove. They don't appear to make it anymore.