Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!T8qg9.rOwg
[210 / 57 / ?]

The Sith Lords

!T8qg9.rOwg No.124630538 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Can you guys post some screenshots or evidence that points to Kotor 2 being a good game? I need convincing

I've only played it once and what I remember of it was that it was rubbish, but I am considering replaying it thanks to various mods that are out and you guys that keep praising it

I see some of you saying it's a bit better than the first, but I don't see how really from past experience (besides minor things like new force powers, tweaks)

I remember when I played it, it felt like a half-hearted love letter to the first game, you fix HK47 and he tells you easter eggs about Kotor1, and you look around the Ebon Hawke and talk to the old characters like the droid and Mandalore about Revan

You revisit the exact same planets Dantooine/Korriban/Manaan others and learn tiny scraps about Revan and the events of the first game.....

It doesn't really continue anything it just feels like filler honestly to make an excuse for another game

What's really sad is that even though the game relies so heavily on content from the first game, it still had no ending... you'd think since they saved 80% of the time and are just reusing Bioware's game materials, they could rearrange it in a clever way that makes for a great storyline, but they didn't, it's still incomplete

I really did try to like it when I played it many years ago. But you guys keep saying it's actually much deeper than it appears to be. so I'm giving it another fair shake.

Can you guys cite some specific lines of dialogue or areas in the game that are memorable? Post some good parts of the game that you keep talking about?