Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!H60L97zwSdr
[208 / 58 / ?]

!!H60L97zwSdr No.127061093 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/v/, I'm sorry in advance. Allow me to explain.

I had an phone interview at a company involved in the production of video games a couple weeks back (not saying in what aspect).

They asked me if I played video games. I included some big names, couple smaller ones, and of course a couple games that company had made. They then asked me for a business strategy to enhance game revenue that was new and did not incur a lot of cost.

I proposed that, rather than making moves and guns DLC, they also make weapon abilities (and in fighting games, moves) that are DLC. This only requires some slight animation changes rather than a new weapon (less design time and therefore money, less time to balance since it isn't a whole new gun), while providing incentive for the players to get it. When they asked if people like me would buy it, I said that the most hardcore fans would buy it, but it would instead be a better incentive to buy new games instead of used (voucher) - therefore it wouldn't PREVENT used games, but it would provide tremendous incentive for players to buy new, and perhaps even more abilities for those who pre-ordered (that people who just bought new wouldn't get).

Anyhow I had my in person interview a couple days ago and the guy I spoke on the phone with introduced me to another man in the interview room by saying "This is the one who had the idea for preorder/new game weapon enhancements".'

So if this becomes an industry trend, /v/, I just want you to know: I do hate myself for this.