Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!KUFrbmxALEl
[267 / 46 / ?]

Sprite

!!KUFrbmxALEl No.132259728 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /v/. Before I tell you my story, I’ll clarify that this isn’t high quality copypasta. It’s probably not high quality, period. But at the very least, I hope I can give you guys a ‘decent’ picture of what the video game writing world is like. Now, I’m sure it varies per company, but it seems like a pretty hot topic to this board, considering all of the attention that Bioware’s team has been given over what I’ve heard is Mass Effect 3’s shoddy writing. Having not played the game, I can’t give really give much of an informed opinion, but a few clips from the game that I have seen gave me somewhat of a decent picture.

Nonetheless, I doubt you guys want to have a massive in depth conversation about Mass Effect 3 (actually I don’t doubt it, but I’m sure there are many other threads about it). I DO think, however, that you guys want to talk about video game writing, and I’d be happy to share some information with you. Of course, I’d prefer not to reveal which company I work for (obvious reasons there), and if anyone has any doubts about my legitimacy, I commend you on being sane. At the very least, I hope you can enjoy the ride.