Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[554 / 51 / ?]

No.160028298 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi V. Let me tell you what I have done.

I have 3 wireless adapters on my machine, + a LAN cable providing internet access. Now usually, I use Connectify to make a hotspot with one of my wireless adapters so my mobile devices can use it without directly connecting to my router.

Now, here's what I did:

1. Created a local VPN with wireless #2 and bridged it with the LAN.
2. Created a loopback server that loops back my Virtual Machine's VIRTUAL wireless adapter to REAL adapter #3.
3. Created a second bridging VPN that links REAL adapter #3 to REAL adapter #2.
4. Added VIRTUAL adapter #2 to REAL adapter #3.
5. Created two more VPNs on my SECOND virtual machine, and created a subnet to bounce traffic from REAL adapter #2 to #3.
6. Set up routing tables on all 3 machines to ping pong traffic back and forth.
7. Wrote a java program to pass traffic between virtual machines via socket, but ONLY if rand(0,1) == 1.

So. What does this mean? It means that traffic going through my open wifi connection is going through 3x3 = 9 bridging VPNs and is bring ping ponged 3x3x3 = 27 times between 6 adapters, and each packet will only be sent and received 50% of the time.

Why would I go through all this work to do this? Because some fucktard kid thinks he's clever and is stealing my wifi, while playing League of Legends.

I'm looking at this netstat, I see he's playing league, with a ping of anywhere from 20-800ms, and 50% packet loss. And that amuses the shit out of me.