Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[274 / 34 / ?]

No.10143252 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
No roleplaying. FOR the fucking love of god, do NOT roleplay in /x/.

Look, this is my first night back after a couple of years. I'm not saying /x/ was exactly good before, since we got raided all the time, etc. But back then it was about wondering the great unknowns, about exploring the mysteries of the universe, about speculating, or plainly making fiction and OC, like creepypastas, pictures, etc.

The difference between then and now, is that now I see crap like this: >>10142491 This guy setti claims to have been chosen by a 1600 year old organization who bound him to some demon and he has been bestowing paranormal abilities but now they consume 1% of your karma (if you fail the saving throw, I assume) etc fucking cetera.

There is no wondering there. There is no speculation, there are no questions, there is no exploration, no discussion. Just certainty, just faggots who take these facts at face value, even when they disagree, they disagree with equally idiotic certainty, such as "No, you're doing it wrong because demons don't [hurr]". No, you gloriously deluded faggot, you're just as wrong as setti because you have wrongly turned unknowns into knowns, questions into answers, uncertainty into certainty. THIS MAKES YOU A ROLEPLAYER.

Go to /tg/ and start a Quest thread. Run a fucking ARG. But do NOT roleplay in /x/.

REPLACING THE "WHAT IF"S WITH "I KNOW FOR A FACT"S IS THE CANCER THAT IS KILLING /x/

Fuck. Maybe it's already too late.

Now off to page 15 with me.