Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[113 / 10 / ?]

Cleachtadh a dhéanann maistreacht

No.11709008 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Practice makes the memory perfect. Or the Art of Photographic Memory and Information recall

Since I never see it float by /x/, we're going to discuss how all of you can strengthen your mind for other practices as listed.

- Lucid Dreaming
- Spell casting
- Meditation
- Instant recall
- Repair years of drinking.
- Fortify memory and creativity when using weed
- Get your ADHD working for you instead of against you.
- Build a proper and functioning Tulpa that you can use all your life.
- Students: Absorb information like a sponge

The human mind is amazing in it's ability to recall, sort and develop information. Some of the nuttier of you I suspect will find this handy.

When I was growing up in Catholic school it was a time that you could not have ever graduated grade 6 without knowing about 300 pages of text memorized about meaningless tripe. Everything from canonical law, lord's prayers, hymns, chants, what have you. These are the techniques as I learned them in a time everyone learned latin while in school regardless of their inclination.

You would be surprised what the young mind absorbs when it has no preconcieved idea of the limitations of memory. To this day I have the entire CS Lewis collection memorized and could rewrite it from nothing if I was required. But that was a common theme before education shit the bed and turned into a baby sitting service. You were taught how to use the computer on top of your neck.