Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[34 / 9 / ?]

Shell

No.12048119 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
//Property of Auricle International//
LOG FILE OF DOUGLAS FREEMAN, 105TH MECHANIZED INFANTRY UNIT:

2/13/2098

I know you eggheads will end up reading this journal so I'll go ahead and tell you what I think of your crap. I think these glorified tin cans stink and so do you. The switch to power armor was bad enough but now we're guinea pigs for these new thinking suits. The AI is buggier than hell so if I get blown away by rebel shells you can be damned sure it was because of one of your goddamned glitches. Seems like every day the suit breaks down in some new way. The software got rushed, I know it. I don't know why we even keep these voice journals anymore with these things reading our thoughts all the time.

2/21/98

I ran through an hour of suit updates this morning, so far so good. The motion seems a little smoother but I'm holding off on congratulating the lab coats at Auricle yet. These constant software updates have really been bogging down the guys and they're getting sick of it. Auricle noted that the updates were mostly interface patches to fix some of the motion anomalies we've been experiencing with the suits. On top of that, Malloy's voice relay has been throwing out a lot of random gibberish instead of his words, it got so bad yesterday that he spent the day wearing an old standard issue helmet just so we could understand him. The guys had a good laugh over it, he looked pretty silly in that antiquated salad bowl, ready to go fight and die in one of the old wars before mechanization. No word from Auricle about any solution there, as usual.