Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[18 / 10 / ?]

Start getting ready NOW.

No.7554485 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/x/, I have a message. It goes out to everybody who states that the world is going to come to an end on December 21st, 2012. This is not a message to the skeptics out there who do not believe that anything will happen on this date, so I implore you - skip this entire thread and continue on with your lives as if nothing is ever going to happen on the date. Ignorance is bliss... Okay.

However, those who say that the world is going to end in some form are not exempt of this. You see, if you truly believe that the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012, then guess what: the time has come to start seriously preparing for the event. There are only 600 more days left. Oh, that may sound like alot, but it's not. If you have only this much time you can find some sort of money source and save up to buy a bomb shelter and stock up on food and supplies.Of course, you could just take the lazy route and say to yourself 'It's not going to be survivable.'

Although, that's not intellectually honest, now is it? If you in any way think that the events that are supposed to occur on 12/21/2012 are survivable then by all means, make the preparations NOW, because any more time less in preparing from here on will not be adequate for survival. Those who gather supplys or bunk with somebody who has made these preparations at the last minute are not nearly as likely to survive as somebody who starts preparing now. You can do it, if you try.

Just 600 more days remain. I suggest you ignore those who speak of nothing happening on the date and make the best option - the one that can save your life. Because off-hand mockery isn't going to do a thing on 4 Ahau 3 Kankin (the Mayan Calendar's official name for the date.)

tl;dr: Ridicule of 12/21/2012 will make you no more safer. The smart money goes on starting to seriously prepare now rather than let time dwindle any more.