Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[22 / 9 / ?]

No.7560755 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /x/, got a question/story for you. I have noticed that several times in my life, I have woken up with a thought that is, shall we say, embedded in my mind. It's there when I wake up, and I can't stop thinking it. It will just repeat over and over. Sometimes it will be lyrics from a song I haven't heard in ages, or something a friend said to me a long time ago. The weird part is sometimes those thoughts will present themsleves in some way later. For example, I woke up a few weeks ago with a line from Courage the Cowardly Dog in my head (You were always a lousy writer!) I thought nothing of it until I turned on the TV later, and that exact episode was on. This isn't the only time it's happened. So I ask you /x/, what's going on? Am I blowing coincidences out of proportion? Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?