Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!Ip3bP.AEJs
[309 / 55 / ?]

Geppo

!Ip3bP.AEJs No.7978145 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I don't come here. But I thought you'd like to know this. I won't bump this. I won't respond. But I need to tell someone.

I have a 1 1/2 year old Nephew. We play all the time, and he's a jolly little kid with a charlie brown head and a lot of energy. When he first started talking, he would say things silly (pop-eye is 'poop eye' and sea horse is 'he's horse') but one thing he would say no one remembered teaching him.

"Geppo".

We would constantly ask him what he meant, we thought maybe "good boy" or "hippo", but he can say these words on their own. Whenever he says "Geppo" he stops in his tracks and stares at something and points and says "Geppo".

His mother assumed like we all did that it's a nonsense word he uses to describe something he doesn't know. I thought that. Until 3 days ago.

I was holding him playing a naming game, I will point to something and ask him to name it, ('fan', 'light', etc.). I pointed to the door and said "What is that?"

He whispered "Geppo".

I said "No, that a doo-"

And then I noticed it. His eyes training to focus on something between the actual door and himself. He then followed the thing with his eyes up to around 8ft, which would have looked as if he was just scanning the far wall and looking up at the ceiling.

But I knew he was not. He gripped me tighter and said "Geppo". I took him outside.

I'm not sure what to do or whats going on. But I had to tell someone. I'm not even sure I'm spelling it right. He says "Gep oh" like "Gecko" but he can say "Gecko".

I googled 'scary' for the image, I know you guys like the scary stuff.

Goodnight. I feel a bit better sharing this. Thanks.